There used to be a book about Sichuan kimchi published in 90 years in my family, and it has been pickled intermittently many times. Kimchi, because I have not been able to manage the old kimchi water carefully every time, I have not been able to maintain the kimchi water for many years. I have written about the practice of Sichuan kimchi a few years ago. When I moved last year, I was busy with various things. The kimchi water that had been marinated for 3 years was broken and thrown away. This fall, I bought 2 more airtight bottles and started making kimchi again. The difference is that I found the book about kimchi when I moved upside down. I asked me to read it again and combine my old experience. This year’s After the kimchi is soaked, it is sour and fragrant. It is very delicious. I decided to reissue the kimchi in more detailed methods and management methods~~
Sichuan kimchi is very delicious The side dishes are very practical to eat porridge and rice. The popular snacks such as pickled pepper chicken feet and pig skin are marinated with fermented kimchi water for more mellow flavor. The soaked kimchi is used to cook noodles, make soups, and cook dishes. It’s also very delicious~~
It’s autumn now, there are many varieties of vegetables, and it’s about to celebrate the festival, so I’m soaking in a can now, and I can get a lot of oil after the festival. Use it to cleanse the intestines after getting tired. What are you waiting for? Hurry up and make a bottle of your own kimchi. From then on, keep a bottle of old kimchi water that can be passed on~~
1. The utensils used for kimchi:
We all know that Sichuanese use kimchi jars for kimchi, of course we can also use them , But I think our small family uses a sealed glass bottle that is very useful. I use a 2 liter ordinary airtight jar, and a 2.5 liter large glass bottle with a vent on the inner lid. In fact, the canned bottle is pickled kimchi Not bad.
2. The production of kimchi water:
Generally, the kimchi water needed for a bottle of kimchi is about half the volume of the container you use. I use 1 liter of water (about 980 grams). , Can be calculated according to 1 kilogram (kilogram)) as a ratio, you can convert according to the capacity of your own container.
3. The ratio of kimchi water:
Clean water:1 liter (1000g, 1kg)
Salt: 5~8% of water, I used 6%, which is 60 grams
Sugar:2.5 of water %, Which is 25 grams, I use white sugar, or brown sugar.
Spices: I use very simple, 1 star anise, 1 teaspoon pepper, a slice of fragrant Leaf
Chili: You can put fresh Sichuan peppers at will. I put about 10 more. After soaking, they are good for cooking, but this type of chili is very spicy. You only need to break apart 3~5 stalks so that the kimchi will be slightly spicy, and the rest just need to cut off the chili stems. It is best to keep the green stalks on it. I found that if you remove the green stalks and soak well The pepper will be filled with kimchi water and become not crispy, so I did not remove the second bottle. If you don't have this fresh Sichuan pepper, you can add dried peppers.
Garlic: Garlic has the effect of sterilizing and fragrant kimchi water. Put about 10 cloves, peeled and put in whole cloves.
Ginger:Put 5~6 thick slices. If you like to eat ginger, you can put a few more large pieces.
Wild Sanjiao: It is the kind of small green pickled peppers that you can buy in supermarkets. Put about 20, and put some juice in it. Of course, we don’t have to put this wild pepper, but our new kimchi water does not have the old kimchi water as a primer. Putting some wild pepper is not only good for fermentation, but also the taste of the kimchi water will be better.
Liquor: Just put about 10~15 grams, the kimchi water will have a faint taste of alcohol. If you put too much, the first time the kimchi will be bitter, but the second time it will be diluted. All right. Putting some high-grade grain wine (liquor) will help fermentation, disinfection, sterilization, and crispiness of vegetables. I used 52-degree sorghum wine made in three years.
Fourth, the preparation method of kimchi water:
1. Take a clean pot and put it in clean water, and put the star anise, pepper and bay leaves on the tap Rinse down to remove the dust on the top, then put it in the pot, turn off the heat after boiling;
2. Pour in salt and stir to melt;
3. Pour in sugar and stir to melt, After letting cool, the kimchi brine is ready;
4. Peel the garlic and pepper before making the brine Cut the cleaned ginger and cut it into large slices or pieces, put it in a colander and put it in a ventilated place to dry out the raw water on the surface;
5. Take the kimchi container and scrub it in advance Blanch it with hot water and then pour the button to dry the inside of the container. Pour the cold brine into the container, add garlic, ginger and chili, and then add wild sansho (green pickled pepper) and some pickled peppers in wild sansho Water;
6. Finally, pour in high-quality white wine, stir well with clean oil-free chopsticks, and the kimchi water is ready;
7. Cover the prepared kimchi water The lid is sealed, and it can be placed for 2 days to let the seasoning in the kimchi water release its aroma and then put the vegetables, or it can be placed for about a week after the kimchi water is fermented to produce a sour taste. Because of the special design of the kimchi jar, the kimchi jar can be automatically vented, as long as the amount of water and cleanliness along the edge of the jar are sufficient. If you are using a sealed box, bottle or jar, you must open the lid every day Once, exhaust for a few seconds is enough. When the kimchi water is completely fermented, there is no need to exhaust. Just check the condition of the kimchi frequently and open it irregularly.
5. Selection, processing and brewing of kimchi vegetables:
1. Vegetables for making kimchi are best to choose vegetables with low moisture, such as various radishes, cowpeas, green beans, cabbage (olive, cabbage, kohlrabi in the northeast), garlic sprouts, cauliflower, etc. Remove the bad parts of the vegetables and then wash them and place them on the air-drying net to remove the moisture of the vegetables attached to them. Then they can be placed in the kimchi jar;
2. There are several ways to put vegetables: You can mix the vegetables and put them in a part of the container, then remove the seasoning from the kimchi water and put them on the vegetables, and then put the remaining vegetables in the container. Don't overfill it. Leave 3 cm with the mouth of the bottle. The distance is to prepare for the rise of the kimchi, and then pour the kimchi water over the vegetables; you can also directly put the vegetables in the container with the kimchi water, pay attention to open the soaked vegetables, so that each There are different vegetables on each layer, which not only looks pleasing to the eye, but also has different types of vegetables on each layer when eating, which is easy to access;
3. The kimchi water in the kimchi container must be submerged in the vegetables to avoid The raw materials are oxidized and spoiled and tasted. If there are no pressed heavy objects and stuck bamboo sticks to hold down the vegetables, it is best to put a layer on the top of the vegetables that are not easy to float; the soaked vegetables should be crisp and refreshing Yes, if it has become soft, it means that the kimchi water is too sour. You can add some salt to the kimchi and re-soak it;
4. If the kimchi has too much water during brewing, you can scoop it out with a clean spoon , If the kimchi water is too small to submerge the vegetables, just use cold water to add salt and stir well and pour it into the kimchi;
5. We all know that many Sichuan dishes use pickled peppers, this can be a choice What kind of ordinary red hot peppers are longer, just cut them off without removing the green stalks. This can be soaked in a bottle separately, and the peppers are easy to float on the kimchi water, so it is better to press on and soak it in the kimchi water. Bad.
6. Various precautions and key points for the success of kimchi:p>
1. It is said that after scientific research on kimchi, it is found that the nitrite in it is the most when it is brewed for 3~15 days, and it will be reduced or gone after 3 days and 15 days, so if it is a new kimchi blister The kimchi is best eaten after half a month; the kimchi water after the first successful soaking is the old salt water, which is the old kimchi water. We can cut the vegetables to be soaked into thin slices or small pieces and put them into the old kimchi water. It can be eaten in an hour or 1~3 days, just to avoid the growth period of nitrite;
2. If you use kimchi jars to make kimchi, you should change the water at the side of the altar frequently to keep the water at the side of the altar clean. , Can be on the altarSprinkle a little salt in the water so that the water on the edge of the altar is not easily damaged. If the water on the edge of the altar is short, add it in time. When you uncover the lid, be careful not to bring the edge of the altar water into the kimchi jar; replace the water on the edge of the altar. At this time, you can remove the lid of the bowl on the top of the jar, leave the inner lid unchanged, and then use a spoon to scoop the jar along the water and dry it with a dry towel; if you are using a sealed box or bottle Or the jar, you should open the lid and exhaust for a few seconds every day, you can eat it after the fully fermented sour aroma comes out. At this time, since we have to open and take out the soaked kimchi to eat, there is no need to arrange it.
3. When taking kimchi, be sure to use chopsticks that are clean and free of raw water and oil. Do not pour the leftover kimchi back into the kimchi jar;
4. When adding new vegetables, you must first remove the old kimchi from the container (the spices and spices inside), put it in a clean container without any raw water and oil, put the new vegetables in the bottom, and cover the old kimchi Above, it is still necessary to submerge the kimchi in the kimchi water, and use cold boiled water to add salt and mix well;
5. If the pepper, garlic, and ginger in the old kimchi water are used After soaking several times, take out the spices in it and add some new ones (just put it in the kimchi water), so as to ensure the aroma of kimchi. Every time you add a new batch of kimchi, add some salt and wine, and taste the kimchi water when you put it. The taste of salt is almost the same as that of the kimchi water you made for the first time;
6. The kimchi water should be checked frequently, so that the situation can be dealt with in time. After the kimchi water is fermented, it may be a little muddy. This is okay. It will be fine after it settles slowly. If the kimchi water has a white film on it If there are few things, you can use a clean spoon to skim them out. If they are too long, they will be easily scattered when skimming. You can put the kimchi container in a deep basin and tilt it slightly, and slowly tilt the new salt water along the way. Pour into the container from a high place, the white film will overflow from the low place, then pour a little white wine to seal the mouth, close the lid, take out the container and dry the outside, you can continue to brew normally; if The kimchi water is very turbid, and there are flocculent white flowers in it, and the kimchi water has become sticky and smelly, so all the contents in the kimchi container must be discarded and can not be used again. Brush the kimchi container clean and boiled water to dry it. Only then can it be re-mixed with kimchi water and then re-marinated~~
7. The old kimchi water can be recycled forever. The next time the kimchi water is not enough, add some new kimchi water. That’s right. With the old kimchi water as the primer, the kimchi tastes more mellow. It is best to store kimchi in a dark and cool place. When the temperature is very high in summer, the kimchi water can be stored in the refrigerator, sealed and refrigerated for summer, not in the refrigerator. You can put more salt in it to make it ferment very slowly. When you use it again, you only need to add new spices and ingredients, and then dilute the kimchi with cold boiled water to pickle the kimchi again;
8. Generally, it is best for our family to prepare two kimchi containers, one large and one small, one for pickling some large pieces of vegetables that do not like water, and you can eat it in half a month; the other small ones use old brine You can eat kimchi within three days (small pieces, flakes, etc.), that is, bath kimchi; this way you can avoid the 3-15 days of nitrite growth period;
9. If you want to use kimchi water to make pickled peppers, chicken feet, pork skin and other meat dishes, you must use another container to make some kimchi water separately.
This is the old salt water that I have soaked once, a bit muddy, but a little white There is no film, nor sticky. This kind of kimchi water is no problem. Add new vegetables again, and it will settle and become clear by itself. As long as it does not grow flowers, does not taste, and does not stick, it will not It doesn't matter if it becomes clear.